As a follow-up to this entry I made in March this year, I can now report that I am the proud owner of a partially assembled DSV-1 Liberator resin model.
It needs a lot of restoration work doing to it. Paint needs removing. Panels that were attached wonky need re-attaching straight.
I’m going to start on the paint stripping this week (today actually). I really don’t want to damage any of the kit so I’m going to have to be super-careful.
I’ve bought some fine grit wet ‘n’ dry and I’ll be sourcing a scalpel and a set of small files of assorted shapes for the more intricate work.
I already have many photos detailing some of the botches that have been made to the model so far (see below), but as an example of what it could end up looking like take a look-see here. This is the exact same model that I have. I can, at this moment, only dream of a finished model like that one.
I think from all these images you can see that the paint hasn’t been applied too thickly, as the detail of the model is still clearly visible. This should mean the paint clean-up will hopefully be pain free. We’ll see.
Since taking the images above I have actually broken this down to it’s main units; 3 weapons pods with struts attached to each, the (assembled) drive unit, and the main hull. During this I discovered that one of the weapons pod struts had been attached wonky (final image above), so that will need removing and reattaching straight.
A huge thank you should go out to Wayne M. He was the person that sold me this model. We had been in contact since the 20th of August, and he was simply fantastic at answering any questions I had regarding the model. He even posted it to me on approval – at his own expense, so thank you very much Wayne.
I will be keeping this blog updated on the progress I make on the model, so stay tuned. (8+)